Thursday, April 13, 2017

Brown and White

This is my final, for now, version of Butterick 6328. It began its life as a shower curtain and it has attained so much more. I've always liked brown and white together since I was a little girl.

When I was 10, I was wearing my favorite jumper, it was brown and white, when I broke my arm. It was a nasty, gnarly compound fracture. The jumper had big white buttons on the shoulders they could've easily unbuttoned to take it off but instead they cut it off. I was so sad because loved it so much. I guess the doctors knew what they were doing but I've never gotten over it. Not that it would still fit or anything.

I spent an entire month in the hospital and had the time of my life. My own TV, I got to pick out my own food, brothers and sisters not allowed to visit, my uncle Pete brought me chewing gum and books. The only drawbacks were the traction and the bedpan. But I thought it was really fun to be away from home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with brown and white these days and your jacket looks fantastic. What a great hospital story, too. My early hospital stay was not enjoyable...had my tonsils taken out when I was six, just because my brother needed to have his done. Must have been a two for one sale that season.

    ReplyDelete