Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Hello!!! Anybody still out there?



Dear World: I’m not dead in case you were wondering. Here’s the story:


1.       My headaches finally became tolerable
a.       I could live my life
b.       I still take a bunch of drugs that make sleepy
2.       I decided to go back to college.
a.       I am studying Library and Information Science
b.       Last spring, I ran into an old beau of mine.
                                                                i.      The one I could never get out of my head.
                                                              ii.      Still can’t
3.       I left my Husband
a.       Husband went off the deep end
                                                                i.      Husband had to go to rehab
                                                              ii.      Husband held my sewing room hostage.
4.                4.      I moved in with the Guy.
a.       Living with the Guy was exhilarating, when the Guy was being nice.
                                                                i.      I cleaned and organized the Guy’s apartment.
                                                              ii.      I was out of the box in the suburbs and back in the city where I belong.
                                                             iii.      I was on the 10th floor, looking out over the metropolis
                                                              iv.      I had a free parking spot right in front of the Detroit Institute of Arts,              opposite the Main Branch of The Detroit Public Library.
5.       Einstein (the Husband) screws my sewing room door shut, from the inside!
a.       I call the cops, they break the down the door
b.     Locks get changed, three times.
                                                                i.      Husband and his ex-wife (Perra Gorda con boca grande) tear apart my sewing room
                                                              ii.      My machines end up in Perra Gorda’s possession.
6.       Over the summer I must balance
a.        Classes
b.       The Husband
                                                                i.      Not paying bills
                                                              ii.      Binging and developing Afib
c.       The Guy
                                                                i.      He’s neurotic and must have things a certain way.
                                                              ii.      I’m chronically organized and must have things the correct way.
                                                             iii.      He says mean things to me.
                                                             iv.      I cry at the drop of a hat (residue from the stroke)
7.       Custody of the sewing room is resolved
a.       I buy a new sewing table for the apartment
b.       I figure I can use the table in the laundry room for cutting.
c.       I brought an IKEA bag of yarn to the apartment and the Guy was visibly shaken
8.       Finally, the guy says he really doesn’t want the sewing stuff there.
a.       Guy suggests I could put sewing stuff in storage
b.       I suggest he can put his golf clubs there too.
9.       I conclude he can’t handle me being there all the time either.
a.        I’m using too much of his real estate
b.        He’s just not able to live with another person.
10.   I put my tail between my legs move back to the house
a.       Husband is happy.
b.       Guy is all tears and regrets.
11.   On the 14th, I will start my 4th term.
a.       I’m one of those people who always loved school.
b.       The saddest day of the year was always the last day of school.
c.       I have a 4.0 GPA

12.   I have not had much time for sewing, but I do think about it a lot. During my one week break I plan on:
a.       Drafting and sewing a woven t-shirt
b.       Sewing some bike shorts
c.       Doing some artwork
d.       Doing some yardwork
e.       Making some jewelry
f.        Keeping in touch
13.   Its been quite a year
a.       I have had periods of deep sadness and stony determination
b.       I’m bound and determined to be bound and determined!
c.       I’ve become very proficient in Word writing all those papers.
d.       I’m going to finally learn to type this summer.
e.       I got a little dog.
                                                                i.      His name is Jesse Owens
                                                              ii.      He’s chuweenie (half Chihuahua, half Dachshund)
                                                             iii.      I love him!
f.        I turned 55 last summer and became a blond
g.       I’m learning Spanish and dream of living some place that’s always warm.

Hablo lluego.

4 comments:

  1. Hi: I read your blog from time to time. I bought V8624 and hope mine comes out as nicely as yours did. You have had many events in your life since I last read your blog on the old site! Hope you have time to sew soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have survived some very difficult situations. Keep on keeping on! Trust in God to see you through the hard times. You are strong and confident and good things await you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just found your blog through 'room to sew'... I have had a similar experience, and your 'advice to self' to stay bound and determined is probably the best around! My second piece would be to find joy where you can. This can be difficult in tumult! (but necessary to maintain 'determined'). My source of joy is a walk to the library, a pat of the neighbourhood cat along the way, a pause for good coffee in the sunshine, etc. I hope that you are happy and that the Spanish lessons are progressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you, and hoping everything is going swell!!

    ReplyDelete